Where are you located?
What are your store hours?
Do you/r store hours change for holidays?
How soon should I order my cake?
Do I need to make an appointment when ordering a custom cake?
How do you price out your cakes?
Does my cake need to be refrigerated?
My party is on Sunday, but I am picking my cake up on Saturday. Will my cake still be fresh?
Do you offer any other products for special dietary needs?
How do you color your buttercream?
Can you match colors for my cake?
Can I provide a picture for you to use to decorate my cake?
Can you put a photograph or picture directly onto a cake?
Will my cake look exactly like the cakes that are on the website?
Why do we need to give a weeks notice on custom orders? That seems like a long time.
For character cakes, do you hand draw the characters on the cake?
What is your pricing structure for wedding cakes?
Our pricing ranges from $5 to $7 per serving depending on the flavor of cake and filling you choose. The design fee will vary depending on the design you choose and the delivery fee will depend on your reception location. When meeting with any of our consultants, you will receive an estimate based on your custom designed cake.
What size cake do I need?
Can you deliver my wedding cake?
What shapes do you offer?
Can I have multiple flavors within my cake?
Does Cakes for Occasions provide fresh flowers for my cake?
Can I make an appointment for a wedding consultation?
When should I reserve the date for my wedding cake?
What is artwork and how do I select artwork for my wedding cake?
If I want ribbon on my wedding cake and my wedding cake is being ordered through my reception location, when do I need to provide the ribbon?
Should I save the top tier for my first anniversary?
- Always hold a boxed cake by the bottom and keep level. Do not stack anything on top of the box and keep propped open if taped that way.
- All cakes and cupcakes must be refrigerated. If the cake is wrapped, keep the wrapping intact while in the refrigerator. Cakes are best served at room temperature.
- All cakes must be transported in a cool vehicle. Place product on a clean, flat surface. Do not place the cake on the seat, in the trunk, or any uneven surface. Use of air conditioning is strongly recommended when transporting cake. Never have heat on the cake. Keep all windows closed, drive carefully and avoid braking quickly.
- Cakes should always be displayed on a sturdy surface, and kept away from heat and direct sunlight. If it gets too warm, it may sweat, melt or become structurally unsound. Use a hot, dry knife to slice the cake.
- Leftover cake is best stored in the refrigerator and enjoyed within 2 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. We do not recommend freezing cream cheese, pastry cream or whipped cream.
- Frostings, fondant and icing are tinted with food dye which may cause staining and/or a change in taste depending on color and shade.
- Decoration may require the use of non edible materials such as, but not limited to, wooden dowels, lollipop sticks or floral wire for reinforcement. Please remove all structural elements, fondant figurines, sugar flowers, and other decorations prior to service.
- Please inspect all cakes prior to departing bakery. Once cake is taken from the bakery, all responsibility belongs to the client. Due to the custom and personalized nature of our products, all orders are non-refundable once created.